Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Safe identification

When I purchased my house, it came with a safe. The seller did not provide the combination, and I would like to be able to use the safe for my own needs. The manufacturer label has been removed, but the serial number is stamped into the handle. I am hoping someone here will be able to identify the manufacturer and maybe even tell me how I can recover the combination.

Thank you for your help!

Default Safe identification

Welcome! First you need to see if you can post picture of safe, dial, hinge and handle with serial number. This will help to identification your safe....Timothy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Welcome! First you need to see if you can post picture of safe, dial, hinge and handle with serial number. This will help to identification your safe....Timothy.....
    Hmmm...When I first posted my question, I added photos of each of those. I should have checked to see if they actually made it to the post. I will tray again. Thanks!

Pics are attached. It turns out, they were too large to post, so here is a link to them. I hope this works.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	safe1 copy.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	20022
    Last edited by Brian Morland; 30-06-18 at 06:11 AM. Reason: External links discoraged - screen shot attached

Default sentry

The safe in the pics is a sentry safe from about the 1960 to 70. The factory can mostly give you some combos to try out. You can goggle the number and give the serial # . enjoy Tim

Quote Originally Posted by T Davison View Post
    The safe in the pics is a sentry safe from about the 1960 to 70. The factory can mostly give you some combos to try out. You can goggle the number and give the serial # . enjoy Tim

Thank you! I appreciate your help.

David

Quote Originally Posted by T Davison View Post

Tim,

Do you happen to know how to find the model number? The Sentry website is asking for that, along with the serial number.

David

Thread Information