Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Johnson Fare Box

Pete you could be right about that as I was thinking maybe it take two keys to open this. But as I don't have this lock on hand there no way to tell. I did blow the lock a little bigger to try to see it better. Can't see what in the keyway whatever it pin or wafer cylinder. I was also think about this flat key blank i make up as the way it look at it. Let i said this it only a guess....Timothy....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails zzzz.jpg   Blank.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Pete you could be right about that as I was thinking maybe it take two keys to open this. But as I don't have this lock on hand there no way to tell. I did blow the lock a little bigger to try to see it better. Can't see what in the keyway whatever it pin or wafer cylinder. I was also think about this flat key blank i make up as the way it look at it. Let i said this it only a guess....Timothy....
    Maybe something like this old Eagle 4034 flat steel 6-lever padlock key?

Pete Schifferli
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Eagle4034padlockCutKey.jpg  

Default Johnson Fare Box

Was just checking going into this and wonder if you got it open or have a key make for that lock....Tim....

Default Johnson Fare Box

No, we haven't worked on getting it unlocked or getting a key made. Just put it back on the display shelf for now.

Thanks for the follow-up.

Brian

Default Johnson Fare Box

Sorry to heard about it. Anyway don't know why but i keep thinking of something call 3-D printer to make key for it. It may be hard to find someone that have some idea of how to do it. I was thinking about making other key for any antique padlock but don't know if it work or not. If i have a cut key for that lock was always thinking about make one out of brass but that going to take time to do it. This is only a guess and who know maybe some where long the line somebody may have better idea...Tim...

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Sorry to heard about it. Anyway don't know why but i keep thinking of something call 3-D printer to make key for it. It may be hard to find someone that have some idea of how to do it. I was thinking about making other key for any antique padlock but don't know if it work or not. If i have a cut key for that lock was always thinking about make one out of brass but that going to take time to do it. This is only a guess and who know maybe some where long the line somebody may have better idea...Tim...
    See link for an interesting article titled The Story of The Johnson Farebox Company.

http://www.johnsonfarebox.com/

Pete Schifferli

Thread Information