Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Default Thanks!

wylk passed along a permutation path to the correct combination for my lock (see above). Of course, it was the last permutation that opened the lock. Thanks for the assist!

The lock had probably not been opened in decades. I almost missed the small movement when I pulled on the shackle with the correct combo!

Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2492.jpg  

Default Miller Keyless

I have a Miller Keyless that I recovered from one of our aging buildings here on campus. I do not have the combo or the flat bypass key for the bottom. I have seen some older post where user oldbiscuit was gracious enough to supply possible combo. Since I am a locksmith at a University I think it is fair to assume that these were purchased in bulk and sent with their own code book, and may not be listed in a standard code book. However, I thought it would be worth a shot. The side of the body is stamped with B9153 and the shackle is stamped with 5026. The lock does not have a stop in either direction. I have include three photos of the lock with this post per forum protocol. I am also curious as to the locks possible age. I did some research (most of it on this website and forum, Thank you) and I think this lock dates to 1950's.

If this is not the place to ask these types of questions I apologize in advance, and would love some direction for finding a possible combination.

Thank you for your help and expertise.

Adrian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Miller Keyless1.JPG   Miller keyless2.JPG   Miller Keyless3.JPG  

Adrian, I'm sorry, but that number is not in my list. Like you surmised, it was more than likely a proprietary code for the school and thus wasn't published. Mark
    Mark A. Billesbach

Thanks Mark. I am going to check with our records department and see if they have the old code book.

Default not computer savvy

can I send you a fax or a text I only have a dumb phone and not sure how to download pictures

Default Gougler Keyless Lock Combination

Hello,

I am in the process of restoring a 1957 Schwinn bicycle and it has this wonderful keyless lock on it. It likely has been there for as long as the bike has been ridden, there is quite a bit of wear on the badge. I feel that it is only fitting that this lock should stay with the bike but I would like to be able to use the lock too... It is a Gougler keyless lock, it is the long shackle type and is stamped on the back with C429. It has stops in both the left and right directions. I have attached photos as requested previously in this thread. Thanks for any and all information.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20170106_115117.jpg   IMG_20170106_115253.jpg  

I have sent a private message with suggestions.

Default Looking for Gougler B4481 combination

Hello,
    I just got this Gougler B4481 lock with “Property of B.F. Goodrich” on the dial. I thought it would make a nice set with my Miller Keyless also from BF Goodrich. Are these special batch locks or is there a chance someone here can provide the combination?

There are no numbers on the shackle, B4481 stamped at the top of the back and what looks like 04248 stamped near the bottom of the back.

Thanks!
    Greg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1120367 (678x800).jpg   P1120368 (476x800).jpg  

Default Gougler request

Greg, we need the # at the bottom on the back cover....Could the first digit possibly be a C==bring out the loope...

Thread Information