Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default 1933 Worlds Fair Commemorative Master Lock key on Ebay

Hello team, just thought that a serious MASTER LOCK collector may be interested in this unique item...NO, it is not mine, but if anyone on here is buying it for the key, I would be interest in buying the lock that is listed with it from you....
    Most likely a Worlds Fair enthusiast will buy it........just an alert
    If I am violating forum rules by posting these alert's..let me know.....Donnie

Can't see the object Donnie, I am interested in one of these keys. They show up from time to time on Ebay, though I am not in a hurry.

I think it is this link with the lock:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/251379899102?

Then this one
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/390703776723

and another cleaned one:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/261337113116?

I just looked for the one I have and found it. There is more wear on mine than these. The date has been worn down on the front, and a lot of patina (that's the nice word for rust, right)

What prices have you seen in the past on these? I guess I will watch and learn.
    Fritz.

These keys are quite common. A lot of people must have visited Master's booth at the World's Fair and taken one. I have seen them appear on eBay quite frequently, in condition ranging from tarnished and/or worn to pristine. I'm told by a certain long-time Master Lock collector that the keys were made for the public in both silver-colored and gold-colored versions, and that solid sterling silver ones were made for the "top officials". As to the selling price, it can vary. I've seen pristine example(s) sell for less than $10 and others sell for over $20, maybe even over $30. I do not have one of these keys yet, but one of these days I'll spring for a pristine one if I don't have to pay much.

Zachary.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro00064 View Post
    These keys are quite common. A lot of people must have visited Master's booth at the World's Fair and taken one. I have seen them appear on eBay quite frequently, in condition ranging from tarnished and/or worn to pristine. I'm told by a certain long-time Master Lock collector that the keys were made for the public in both silver-colored and gold-colored versions, and that solid sterling silver ones were made for the "top officials". As to the selling price, it can vary. I've seen pristine example(s) sell for less than $10 and others sell for over $20, maybe even over $30. I do not have one of these keys yet, but one of these days I'll spring for a pristine one if I don't have to pay much.

Zachary.
    I've had a brass one that is almost black in color for around 30 years. Interestingly, when I worked at Master one of the customer service people had an end user call and ask if she wanted some, said she had 6. Naturally the CS person said yes and when she got them they were new and untarnished. So, now I have two, one new and one old.
    BBE.

Thread Information