Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Ely-norris cannonball problems HELP

I just got an Ely-norris cannonball safe the other day. I have it down at my work place and i was getting things cleaned up to restore it. I have the codes for the main door, bottom door in the base and the inner door. It has the Y361 pie time lock as well. I started getting things taken off the safe so i could start stripping the old paint. This is where the problem is. I pulled the jeweled face plate and dial, pulled the time Y361 time lock, i also pulled the inner jeweled ring that is around the time lock. I however did not pull the inner plate that hold the locking bolts for the timer (bad mistake). At some point the door was shut and the crank was turned tripping the lever to kick the time lock bolts out.

what do i do now? is is possible to drill a hole to get into it and spin the gear that controls the arms for the bolts? im hoping the safe its just a boat anchor now. hopefully someone has a solution to get the bolts to open up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 00k0k_2gtzx2UsfOM_1200x900.jpg   safe.jpg   IMG_7955.jpg   IMG_7975.jpg  

Thread Information