Hi guys,

First poster here, sorry if this isn't the correct topic area!

I recently bought a house in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. It is and old-ish timber framed house of around 60 years. Anyway, most of it is a good mismatch of bits and pieces, old and new but one thing I noticed is that the Master Bedroom door is a very old, very solid, wide timber door. It is the only one in the house, all the others are newer, cheap, 4 panel doors.

We have decided to get a painter in and during my prep for him to arrive I decided to take the door handle off this door. The lock and knobs were literally covered in around 10 layers of white paint, so much so that I hadn't even noticed the lock in the 2 months I have lived here. I stripped it back with some paint stripper and found this little beauty hiding underneath..
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C Starkey and Son Mortice.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	1,015.7 KB 
ID:	20273

I have yet to take the scutcheon plates off the door but I will be doing that tomorrow and UNFORTUNATELY there is no key or latch plate.

A bit of googling brought up some very brief history, stating that C.Starkey and Son Makers were around from approx. 1808 in Willenhall in England. But that is as much as I now know. Can anybody here give me anymore information regarding this lock and its makers? This could be a very common lock for all I know, but if it is rare then it would be nice to know, especially considering it is all the way over here in Oz!

Thanks guys.