Hello all,
I am researching a safe of my father in laws. I have read some posts but still need some help...to start i believe the lock number is on the middle bolt...47364...I found that the numbers on the door is the weight but dont know how to work it out...they are 4 0 25...It is still in use. My FIL used it all the time but sadly passed away in Feb.
He actually aquired the safe from his work. I believe it was Warrington(British Rail) station where he was based in the 70s. They refurbed and he brought it home. I would like to see when it was made and for what purpose etc.. I love the look of it myself and am finding the history quite interesting. It has a cast brass 128 Queen Victoria st plaque,fish eustacheon keyhole cover and a pretty brass knob that looks like segments of an orange. It has a shelf and 3 drawers. All with keys and 2 origina(I think)l chubb stamped keys for door. Original green and silver etc logo painted on inside door. I will attach photos when I can figure out how to make the jpeg smaller or convert them. Thanks in advance.