Hoping to find some information, and some assistance with a "new-to-me" floor safe.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3165r.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	371.0 KB 
ID:	18095

I found this sitting on the side of the road in my community with a "FREE" sign on it. The door was opened, and under the "FREE" was "unknown combination - VERY heavy". So I decided to utilize it's wheels and push it home, which was about 5 blocks...

Once home I was able to clean it up a bit, and tackle the minor rust spots with some steel wool and vinegar. I finished up my "restoration" with a thin layer of car wax to protect the remaining finish and stop the oxidation of any small rust spots.

I then took the back panel off the door, and removed the locking mechanism cover. After a half-hour of fiddling with the lock, I was able to determine the turn order, and the combination numbers in order to unlock the lugs.

The problem I am having now is that the door has 4 locking lugs. The 2 main lugs retract when the handle is turned, but the 2 smaller lugs in the middle of the door do not. They are spring loaded and are always in the "closed" position. If I shut the door, the 2 spring loaded lugs will never allow the door to open again...

Name:	IMG_3167r.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	365.8 KB 
ID:	18096

It doesn't appear as if the door plate was ever removed previously, and it doesn't look like any parts are missing, but when the handle is fully open, and the 2 main lugs retracted, there appears to be no way in which the smaller lugs can be retracted...

Name:	IMG_3169r.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	375.4 KB 
ID:	18097

I guess my only open is to torch off the smaller lugs in order to use the safe, or perhaps I am missing something simple here.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!