Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Mosler Screw Door Bank Safes finished

I recently finished up two Mosler screw door bank safes. The first from 1915, was purchased with the time lock and all associated linkage missing. That was a major strike against it but it did have all of its original artwork which was a big plus. I lucked out when a parts safe turned up in Florida. I got all the parts needed in one shot. Here are some before and after pictures. If you would like to read a long detailed account about this safe it can be found here:

(Please refer to rules regarding the posting of links: http://www.antique-locks.com/showthr...ique-Locks-com)

2uqoeoy 1

2h6vri9 1

2ag5hyb 1

2wfvcxz 1

2mwds3r 1

1e53pk 1

The second Mosler is a very rare double door screw door bank safe. It is a 1891 model and is quite an impressive site with its stacked doors. It too was missing both time locks. Like the single door it used the Yale Triple L time lock so I had three of them to locate. For this safe one time lock turned up in Pennsylvania and the other in New York. One of the pivot bolts for the friction fence in the 5H Mosler/Yale combination lock was also missing. Many thanks to Doug MacQueen for finding one of these elusive bolts for me. This safe had been repainted but some of the original artwork was discovered underneath. A detailed account of this safe can be found here:

(Please refer to rules regarding the posting of links: http://www.antique-locks.com/showthr...ique-Locks-com)

sxj3g7 1

28kkn4x 1

noboma 1

jq6nb5 1

10i6vdi 1

2hx6r89 1

This pair of Moslers makes quite statement when they are together. They were intense but fun projects to complete.

2uiab6h 1
    Last edited by Huw Eastwood; 18-04-17 at 12:54 PM.

Thread Information