Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 1880s Hall's Safe & Lock Safe with Two Timers -- Seeking Information for Museum

Hello!
    I'm a new member seeking information about an old safe. Brief background: I work as a volunteer historical interpreter at Living History Farms in central Iowa. One aspect of our living museum is an 1875 rural Iowa town site (Walnut Hill), in which there is a restored bank from the time period. In this bank sits an early 1880s Hall's Safe & Lock safe that original came from a small bank in Northwest Iowa. It has no combination dial on the door -- everything is controlled by two timers. The approximate size is 40" tall x 26" wide x 23" deep. We know essentially nothing about this safe, or the Hall's company and seek information so we can explain the safe and how it was used to our guests. I have attached several photos of the safe. Thank you very much for any assistance you can provide. Kent in Iowa (USA)

Sorry, I don't know how to flip the photos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5715.jpg   IMG_5711.JPG   IMG_5712.JPG   IMG_5718.JPG   IMG_5714.jpg  

Thread Information