Old US Federal Reserve banks (and branches) have large interesting vault doors and many of these buildings have been vacated and sold off as the Fed moves on to newer buildings.

One such old building is in Baltimore at 114 East Lexington Street with Mosler-built vaults, designed in 1926, construction ended in 1928, and it was expanded in 1956. A September 8, 2016 article in the Baltimore Sun “Beneath the old Federal Reserve Bank in Baltimore, today the Lenore” (http://darkroom.baltimoresun.com/201...k-in-baltimore) includes images of the neglected Hollar-designed, Mosler-built vaults.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Baltimore Fed 1.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	187.7 KB 
ID:	16790 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Baltimore Fed 2.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	162.2 KB 
ID:	16791 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Baltimore Fed 3.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	176.8 KB 
ID:	16792

I assume this area is off-limits to the public as well as residents. In the first image note the control stand on the left which I presume had a large hand wheel to raise/lower the door's floor segments. Also note the missing time lock, several pinions are gone, and one of the combination locks is missing its cover. In the second image notice the typical Hollar etched castle nuts. In the third image (of a different door) the time lock is gone; I assume the wires were part of the alarm system.