I picked up this Victor safe at an auction recently. It caught my eye as it is not like any Victor I have seen before. I searched online and could not find one like it.

Despite being a traditional square safe, it has a double jointed hinge that has a handle mounted to the top hinge to control the closing of the door. The door fits to tight to simply swing into the jamb. It has to be moved into the jamb squarely to fit much like a cannonball door.

15s1mc9 1

2dt6mbm 1

It is a full featured safe with an inner door with combination, an inner vault, and sports the original interior in very good condition.

2m2yh6p 1

The outer shell is different than most Victors in that it does not have the front and rear frames encasing the outer shell. The outer shell is wrapped around the frame, and fitted quite well, I might add.

2vah7wl 1

Has anyone seen a Victor with this style of hinge? I wonder if Victor had a patent on the design? The newest patent is 1889 so I am guessing it is pre 1900. With a little elbow grease the artwork has been retrieved. This safe will be perfect candidate for a restoration... after the two current Moslers are done.

2hxc742 1

10r0hux 1