Hello,

I am doing restoration work on my father's home. Perhaps the most recognizable and unique parts of the home are the French doors to the main level living room. These along with the older part of the home date to about 1920. There is a Sargent mortise-type lockset on these doors with deadbolt and top-and-bottom buttons on the door edge (I think they are referred to as "stop-work" but not certain of the terminology). It uses a modern style key rather than a skeleton type.

While it still functions, time has taken a toll on the lock hardware. There should be a plate of some sort on the door edge, which is missing. Therefore the buttons are rather loose and prone to getting caught in their too wide holes, requiring long fingernails or a screwdriver to free up. The strike plate is also cracked on one side and probably won't last much longer in daily use, especially with people who cannot seem to resist slamming the door. A photo of the door edge is below (not sure why it previews sideways, it was taken vertically and displays properly on my phone and laptop).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4552-Sargent-lock.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	566.4 KB 
ID:	15547

Does anyone know of a source for replacement parts or repair for this lockset? I'd really like to keep it, but would like even more to have a lockset that will function in daily use for the foreseeable future. Thanks!