Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Need a little help identfying a Lockwood mortise

Newbie to the world of mortise locks. I picked up a vintage exterior Lockwood a couple weeks ago. I'm installing it in a used back door for our 1936 Dutch Colonial. The lock appears to be in great condition - except for some minor rust. All springs appears to be in place and everything works. I just got the cylinder keyed today. Can the group help with identifying the lock? The only marking is T5000 with a 4 underneath on the underside of the cover. Nothing valid comes up on a Google search for T5000. See attached photos. BTW - The only items missing from the lock are the strikeplate and a couple 1/4-20 brass slothead set screws for the doorknobs. Are those available? For the strikeplate; I tried four architectural salvage yards - nothing. For the set screws; I tried the locksmith, an old time hardware store and the big orange box depot - only hex head stainless steel set screws are available. As an option, I can make my own set screws from standard brass screws, but would prefer the real deal. P.S - I will be rebuilding an additional 20 interior mortise locks and the main entry door mortise lock as well! Should be a great adventure!! Thanks, Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lockwood Overall.jpg   Lockwood inside cover.JPG   Lockwood workings.jpg  

Thread Information