I joined this forum to get advice on a blank for a antique locking electric switch. I got the help I needed. Thank You.

I have been reading other threads about getting a key when there is no blank. In some cases I think I can help with that.

I am a mechanical designer. As such I have the tools to make a 3D model of a key blank. Once you have a model you have some options. You can have a machine shop machine a blank from brass or any other metal. You can have a shop cut using wire EDM the working part of the blank. This could be useful for a intricate key with narrow slots.

You can also have a metal blank or finished key made using 3D printing. 3D printing is now at the point where precision parts can be made. There are two ways. A plastic 3D key is made, A mold is made from that key, then the mold is filled with molten brass and you have your key.

Other companies can directly print metal parts using stainless steel, aluminum and other metals. One of the best is Solid Concepts. To demonstrate there skill they have 3D printed hand guns making every part except the springs. These guns have been tested and work as they should (BTW Yes, they are a licensed fire arm manufacturer.)

When looking for my little key the lowest price I found was about $50. Depending on the size and the material used they could run as high as $250.

I am not selling anything here. Just letting you know that the technology is available to make a single key blank.
other mechanical designers or mechanical engineers could make a model as well.

If someone needs a blank and has a key to measure I will give one a try. (free)

Below is a picture of the model I made for my key.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Corbin Key-m.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	10.9 KB 
ID:	13343Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Corbin key line.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	5.3 KB 
ID:	13344