Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Thread: Sargent lock

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sargent lock

Here's a Sargent lock I picked up a while back on Ebay. I had read an article in the Journal of Lock Collecting where the author had a similar lock with the same markings that had square pins inside rather than round. I bought this lock locked without a key not knowing the pin type,but hoping for the rare square pins. But as my luck would have it ,they were the traditional round pins. I was able to pick the lock open and remove the internal assembly screw, dissassemble the lock, clean it,find a key blank,cut it to match the pins and reassemble it to make a working lock. I have asked the author for any information on the age of the lock as well as asking various other collectors with no results. I've seen this same lock with the name Sargent in raised letters across the center rather than the fancy S & CO scroll on mine. The reverse sides are the same on the scroll desing and the raised name design. Anyone out there have any info or know where to point me to look? Thanks, Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails combo lock 018.jpg   combo lock 020.jpg   combo lock 019.jpg  
    Mark A. Billesbach

Thread Information