There is currently an old round Diebold vault door for sale on eBay, search for "Diebolt". It's in a Texas bank, in the basement. The seller warns "This will be difficult and costly to remove".

It looks very nice based on the auction images. But I'd be surprised if it sells, especially since they seem to be in a hurry. Sadly I expect it will get scrapped, unless I win the lottery in the next few days.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

A few quick observations based on the images --

Though the door is open, the boltwork is in the locked position. The bank probably did this to prevent anyone from closing (and locking) the door. Could this have caused some damage if somebody "played" with the door and tried to shut it?

The door looks almost exactly like a few Herring-Hall-Marvin door images I have. It also looks like US patent 816,049 ( Benjamin F. Tripp, filed in 1905). This begs the question, did HHM contract with Diebold for manufacturing, or vice-versa? They could have both licensed the Tripp patent but the similarities are striking and suggest one maker.

On the day gate there is one bar that looks like it is covered by a stained wood dowel, I assume this is where one is supposed to grab the gate for opening and closing. Note too there seems to be a bell on the inside to announce operation.