Hey guys,

I have a janitoial business and I recently started cleaning this dance hall for girls in a very old building. The building has cypress and some other type of wood floors throughout. In the back of the building there is a Mosler, Bahmann safe. The safe is massave, if I had to guese it weighs 1000 lbs. Its on a cement pedistol that in return sits on the ground.

Whats reads on the safe is, "Girouard & Janin." I assume the previous company that owned the safe. and "Mosler, Bahmann & Co. Inc." "Patd. Ja. 2nd 83."
"Cincinnati"

I have a couple questions. It has a lever on it that will turn but it looks like it is missing the dial. Is there any way a safe tech. could open it?
If I were to make an offer the dance hall to buy it in hopes to later restore it, how much would you think its worth? I know for you to give me an accurate estimate you would need pictures... You can still see the words it, its on wheels, its locked shut and is missing the dial, and its starting to rust.

Also where on the safe is the serial number? If I can find it and let you guys know what it is could you tell me more about it?

Thanks for the help! I highly appreciate it...

Andy Merchant
Broussard, Louisiana