Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Diebold catalogs

If anybody has some old Diebold catalogs (e.g. from the time they made their own locks, or even later) could you post it/them? I know S&G has regularly published catalogs for a very long time but it appears Diebold did not, or not very many of them.

I suspect that Diebold were not in the business of making locks for others and as such did'nt produce lock catalogues ? I'd like to be proven wrong but would not be surprised if thats the case.

No, Diebold just never made many catalogs. Even now they don't make more than what there service centers need.... even then they are short. I will talk to a guy I know that works for them and see what I can find out about the older ones.

Hmm, that would seem to explain the lack of catalogs for locks. But even today they have 2-page (PDF) fliers on their vault doors, for example. I was hoping that in the past they might have had sales literature, targeted more at bankers and architects and perhaps focusing on safes and vaults, that might also describe the locks and options. Another thought is service materials like the CD-ROM Mosler brought out just before they went out of business. It's just not easy learning about Diebold products.

I have some 1960'-70's Diebold factory info on both safes and locks. Are you looking for something in particular. I too would be interested in seeing any from the 1800's but as mentioned they did not supply locks to other makers at least not that I can think of.

Doug,

I'm mostly interested in safe/vault locks (e.g. the 177, 900, and 1000 among others) but almost anything (vault doors, safes) would be interesting to see.

Thread Information