Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks eveyone for the input, It gives me a good place to start.
    Does anyone know where you could go to get a transfer made if you wanted to duplicate a picture on a safe, ex, the Victor seal they used on their safes after winning he worlds fair deal, I have a victor with it on, but it's to far gone. Any ideas? I did get a friend to take a very hi quality picture of his, so my though was use the picture get it turned into a transfer then put that on the safe, it won't be near as good as the originals, but it woudn't look to bad I dont think.

A skilled Photoshop artist could do it and then there are sheets that you can feed into your inkjet which will allow you to do a transfer apparently, although I have never used them.

Default decal version...

A local sign shop may be able to scan a nice photo of your friend's original. They then can print it any size with high quality, chemical resistant inks. This method is widely used in the sign industry. Make sure though, if you go this route, that it is of high quality and chemical resistant. There are many "cheep" versions of printed decals. You will however with this method, have an edge of the decal that can be felt. So...it will have the "look" of a manufactured, applied decal. If you want to spend extra money...the safe and decal can be clearcoated...burying it in the clear as to not being able to feel it. I have applied many decals to custom motorcycles for graphics. They have been succesfully cleared over as to where you cannot feel them. They actually appear painted. If you take a picture to be scanned...make it a close-up. Take care and best of luck. Matt (Nahum 1:7)

Thread Information