Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: dialoc

Interesting locks though wish I had one :)

Quote Originally Posted by macs_07 View Post
    These locks are quite interesting, a few drawbacks in design and use but overall quite a nice lock. The user instuctions apply to both models. One is mounted and has been used but the other is a new item still in the box.

Hi, is there a way to reset the combination to something different? Do I have to know the original combination to change it to another one? I have not been able to find any instruction on how to change the combination. Please help! Thanks!

Default Resetting combination

This is another model - new in box with all paperwork.

Hi, could you possibly provide me with the instructions to change the combination? Thank you!

I'm also looking for instructions for changing the lock in the OP. haven't been able to find any online. I know the original combination but can't change it.

Thanks!

PS - btw, my lock, which matches exactly the picture in the OP, has a sticker with patent # 3102932, however a search for that patent brings up matches for a similar lock but designed for a vehicle ignition lock! https://www.google.com/patents/US3102932

Sorry but from what I can see the codes are fixed at the factory.
    Not having fully dissassembled the code assembly I would say they would have to be returned to the factory ot be reset.
    Certainly there were no instructions to indicate that they could be reset by the user. Or for that matter the option to have them reset at the factory.
    As for a date there is a date of 1974 on one of the drawings. (attached)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img20150303_20455254.jpg   img20150303_20471017.jpg   img20150303_20501273.jpg  

Default Found one on eBay :)

So I got one now, too. New old stock in original packaging, a nice collector's item :)

The package says "1500 GOLD BRASS", and amongst other advertising statements:
    "- Combination can be changed for renewed security. Chances against guessing combination are 9,999 to 1."

Printed instructions as in the picture above, but no instructions on how to change the combination.
    Did somebody find out in the meantime how this is done?

Default Changing the code

To change the code, you have to open the back (remove three nuts).
    Then the four plastic code disk assemblies can be removed one by one.
    You could then put them back in a different order, or maybe order other code disk assemblies from the manufacturer.
    The disks themselves have a fixed gate and their code cannot be changed.

Cheers
    mh

Default Some pictures of the Dialoc mechanism

I attached a few pictures of the back of the lock.
    You can see the plastic code disk with a 6 embossed on it; when dialed correctly, the gate is at the bottom. (Or on the right in these pictures, for some reason they are turned by 90°)

Cheers
    mh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Code Disk Assembly, at 6.JPG   Code Disk Assembly, at zero.JPG   Code Disks.JPG   Back Cover.JPG  

Default sticker inside.

Sorry but from what I can see the codes are fixed at the factory.
    Not having fully dissassembled the code assembly I would say they would have to be returned to the factory ot be reset.
    Certainly there were no instructions to indicate that they could be reset by the user. Or for that matter the option to have them reset at the factory.
    As for a date there is a date of 1974 on one of the drawings. (attached)
    There is a sticker on the the top of the tumbler box that states (STOP Do not tamper with the three nuts holding cover in place. Combination should not be changed without instructions.) I would assume, by that statement, that there is in fact, some form of printed instruction to be had..

Default Patent #

Quote Originally Posted by ldean View Post
    I'm also looking for instructions for changing the lock in the OP. haven't been able to find any online. I know the original combination but can't change it.

Thanks!

PS - btw, my lock, which matches exactly the picture in the OP, has a sticker with patent # 3102932, however a search for that patent brings up matches for a similar lock but designed for a vehicle ignition lock! https://www.google.com/patents/US3102932
    I to have the same lock, and sure enough, same pastent number...

Thread Information