Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Default Seeking Gougler/Miller Combo Padlock Codes

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone out there has access to Gougler combo padlock codes??? I have a few new (new to me) Gouglers I am trying to crack and they are getting the better of me. I don't expect this info to be published on this forum, so you can e-mail me (at mindhunter42 @ hotmail. com) if you have the codes I need. Here they are:

F6217, 4202, and 547

If you are one who has a log of Miller/Gougler codes and you share them with me, I will share the ones that I have with you (through e-mail only).

And just so everyone knows for sure that these are my personal locks that I am asking for codes for, I have included a few pics proving that they are mine:

I included the Clarke combo lock in the pics because everyone here knows that I own this locks and it is unmistakable. I hope you can read the codes on the locks....they are printed in small nember stamp.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Mike D~C/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P10100014-2.jpg   P10100015-1.jpg   P10100023-1.jpg   P10100024-3.jpg   P10100034-1.jpg  

P10100035-2.jpg  
    The Amazing Michael~Escape Artist/Scuba Diver/Locksmith/Lock, Handcuff, and Restraint Collector......and one HELL of a model American! =)

Hi again everyone, I wanted to take a minute to update this post.......all three of these locks have been cracked the old fashioned way.

Cheers, Mike D~C/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P10100017-1.jpg  
    The Amazing Michael~Escape Artist/Scuba Diver/Locksmith/Lock, Handcuff, and Restraint Collector......and one HELL of a model American! =)

So do tell! How many wheels and is the driver the last wheel? Is there a driver that isn't a wheel? What is the rotation pattern?

Good job on getting them open.

They do not have conventional wheels like most combo padlocks. A pointer goes through a maze as you dial and if you dial it right, the last stop pulls back the latch. It is kind of hard to explain, but it is a tough lock to manipulate!!!

All 3 had similar dialing patterns but 2 of these were odd balls from all the others in my collection. On all my others, you can freely turn the dial around either direction as much as you want and it will not stop. On 2 of these, you can turn it right and come to a dead stop then turn left 1 & 3/4 times around and come to another dead stop.......I thought they were broken at first but I thought it odd that they both stopped in the same exact spots so I didn't give up.

As for dialing, all of my locks of this type, dial pretty much the same way: turn left to "0" and continue left to the first number counting the clicks (never mind the numbers on the face of the lock.....these work on clicks). After you stop on the first number, turn right counting the clicks to the next number, then left to the next, and then right to the last number and you will feel the latch pull back freeing the shackle. BTW, all of mine are 4 number locks.

I may do a short video on these locks when I have more time, so you can see them get dialed open. If I do that, I will post a link here.

Cheers, Mike D~C/

Okay, I took a few minutes and did a video....here is a link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/amazing4.../0/FjercE09kNs

Enjoy!

Cheers, Mike D~C/

Default Gougler lock code

I just bought a larger round shape Gougler lock that the dial is the same diameter as the lock body. The back of the lock has a letter/number: C 756 Is there an entry in the code list that has this combination? Thanks, Greg

From what I can find it should be L6-R2-L5-R3 starting from zero. If the lock has a positive stop when turning the knob to the right it gets a little tricky. With a positive stop the last 3 combo numbers should be correct but the first number is probably wrong. Start with L1 then R2-L5-R3 if that dosn't work increase the first number and repeat (L2-R2-L5-R3). You shouldn't have to go any higher than 18 on the first number.Hope this works for you,please let us know how it works. Mark

Default 'Seeking Gougler/Miller Combo Padlock Codes'

Mark, For your records, I have another older Gougler round pad lock and dial that has a serial number A1204. it is only a three digit combo, and starts from a right direction dialed number. The combination is: R6 L5 L2 Thank you for your help on the other lock combo. Greg

Quote Originally Posted by oldbiscuit View Post
    From what I can find it should be L6-R2-L5-R3 starting from zero. If the lock has a positive stop when turning the knob to the right it gets a little tricky. With a positive stop the last 3 combo numbers should be correct but the first number is probably wrong. Start with L1 then R2-L5-R3 if that dosn't work increase the first number and repeat (L2-R2-L5-R3). You shouldn't have to go any higher than 18 on the first number.Hope this works for you,please let us know how it works. Mark
    L7 R2 L5 R3 works! Thanks

Greg, I'm glad I could help you out. the Gougler code list isn't always that accurate. I've got two that have the factory tags with the working combos that don't match up with the code list. Mark
    P.S. Are you a collector of padlocks?

Thread Information