Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Well, that's a good idea, if nothing else, I can do what you did. :) and yeah, that escape artist you mentioned, I'm pretty sure that's "the amazing Michael" on Youtube, he has a tutorial video series called padlock talk and one is on the Gougler, Perhaps I'll try to get ahold of him. Thanks.
    Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbiscuit View Post
    Jim, I have one Gougler that I picked up that someone had drilled the rivets out of on the back. I went ahead and took it apart to see for myself how they were made. After studying it I figured out 2 completely different codes that would open it , One code was a 4 digit LRLR and the other was a 8 digit RLRLRLRL. Needless to say after figuring it out, I looked it up and the 4 digit LRLR was the same one that was listed in the Reed coce book. Just for my own ammusement I took the back plate and cut big openings in it then reassembled it using JB Weld on the rivets so now I have a working cutaway padlock. As far as trying to manipulate one open, I think it would pe a pretty difficult task. Having said that,there was a guy that used to post on here a lot last year that went by " amazing01 " that claimed to have been able to manipulate these locks open but he never said how he did it. It should be noted that he's a professional escape artest by trade. Mark

Jim, That's the guy (amazing Michael) . I've seen his video, but all it does is show how to turn the dial a set number of clicks in both directions to unlock. It dosn't show how he arrived at the combo. Mark

Smile looking for gougler combo

i have a gougler red dot lock my son found and was interested in finding out the combo. it has 120 stamped on the side and 63 on the hasp if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by pno1 View Post
    i have a gougler red dot lock my son found and was interested in finding out the combo. it has 120 stamped on the side and 63 on the hasp if that helps.
    See the request procedure that we have adopted on this site for giving out Gougler combos. Mark.Gougler Keyless padlock combination requests.

Default kento lock

I have this lock but i cannot open it. Kento j.b.m.l.co

Info on back:

I think the combination is: found here (Vintage Combination Locks)

R - 2 CLICKS
    L - 6 CLICKS
    R - 4 CLICKS
    L - 4 CLICKS

But i cannot hear any clicks ant there anent any numbers on the lock. So how do i use this combination if it is the right one?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG1.jpg  

Masteric, Unfortunitly that's probably not the combination for your lock. Those combinations were given so that someone with an identical looking lock would have some idea as to the sequence. The other numbers on your lock look like patent numbers and as such are no help. Look closely at the shackle (bail) and see if there are any numbers stamped or ingraved there,if so ,those might help identify the locks combination. As far as a click,it's more like a feel of a slight detent at each stop. Good luck, Mark
    Mark A. Billesbach

Hey Mark, thanks for your reply. You are right the numbers are the patent numbers on the back.

Ive looked closely but there aren't any numbers ore anything else engraved on the lock. Du you think that these locks all have individual combinations?

There are over several hundred different possible combinations for that lock. That being said, there were more locks than combinations made,so I'm sure that there is more than one lock with a specific combo. Without the code number for your specific lock it would be next to impossible to find the combo. But if your looking for something to do in the evenings,(you know the combo sequence) start going through the numbers
    Mark A. Billesbach

Default Red Dot padlock/Gughler Question

I went to a catholic HS in suburban Philly in the 60s and we had to purchase
    a Gougler - assuming the HS had a contract or purchased from the Kent, OH
    manufacturer. Two Q's:
    1) I've seen pixs of the back of some that have only 1-row of numbers for the patent
    Mine has two rows; the first 1,1800 etc the second begins 1,900 very close in range to KENTO's numbers in his post. So it begs the Q, what series my red dot is (there is no key lock on back and it's not a Miller). Is it an
    S-30?

2) I was telling my 86 y/o Mother about the HS lock I had hat worked on
    clicks and how cool it was and that it was packed away in a footlocker of memories. A
    recent clean-up discovered my old HS red dot. Looks great - one problem...I have no
    idea what the code/combo is. I vaguely remember having a 3-number combo and my brother's had a 4-number...where does one, if at all, find the combination. The shackle has a 2-digit number...someone mentioned to me something called the Reed Code Book...all I know is, I so want to locate the combination. This puppy kept my locker safe for 4-yrs of HS and it's youthful silliness of me to think I'd remember that code all these years later. Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

I see that those asking OLDBISCUIT for an assist, have supplied the shackle #
    and I did not in my earlier post.

If you read this Oldbiscuit please note my earlier post (ghostlight)
    and if you can be of assist, I would appreciate it.

I have #92 on the
    Gougler/Red Dot Series 30-S
    Purchased by me in 1963. Thx.
    GHOSTLIGHT
    Last edited by ghostlight; 25-10-10 at 02:30 AM. Reason: grammar/typos/deletion

Ghostlight, Please follow the thread http://www.antique-locks.com/questio...-requests.html

and I'll see what I can find out for you. Please be a little patient with me as my personal computer with all my code info on it crashed and I'm now using a back up computer.Hopefully in the next week I'll have my old computer back and I can look up the info for you. Mark
    Mark A. Billesbach

Thread Information