Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Default Miller lock co. Phila usa: Standard time g 30

Hey I have a lock that I just won on ebay but I don't know the code :( I really need help on cracking this code. The lock says its a "MILLER LOCK CO. PHILA USA" "STANDARD TIME" with "G 30" stamped on the back of the shackle. Patents "Aug 25, 1908, Nov 6, 1908, Nov 29, 1910. I have no idea what the code is or how to open this. Somebody please help me. I took a picture of me holding it for a better reference....A4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 061410122023.jpg  

The Miller company of Philadelphia is of no relation to the Miller/Gougler/Miller companies in this thread, but hopefully that won't prevent somebody from helping.

Default Seeking Combination

Gougler Keyless lock with Code 5 221.
    Thank you,
    Steve Tepper
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2010-06-28_13.25.09 (2).jpg   2010-06-28_13.24.59 (2).jpg  

Does the lock have a positive stop when you turn the dial? Also is the number 5 221 or 5221 or is it S221. Mark

Quote Originally Posted by oldbiscuit View Post
    Does the lock have a positive stop when you turn the dial? Also is the number 5 221 or 5221 or is it S221. Mark
    The dial does not stop when it is turned. The number on the lock is 5 221.
    Thanks

Default Gougler Red Dot Padlock

I just received this padlock from my mother. I beleive she received it from my Uncle who had passed away. No combination.

Would anyone have the combo?

Shackle Number is 19

Lock Body Number is 166

Thanks,

Jay D Reedy

Southgate, I'm not real sure if the space between the 5 and the 2 makes it a 3 digit or a 4 digit code so I looked up both. First try the 4 digit, start by going left to 0 then R1-L2-R5. If that dosn't work start by going left to 0 then R6-L2-R7. If it still dosn't work,start at 0 then go L10-R6-L2-R7. Hopefully one of these combinations will work.please let us know which one works if any.Mark

Southgate, I'm not real sure if the space between the 5 and the 2 makes it a 3 digit or a 4 digit code so I looked up both. First try the 4 digit, start by going left to 0 then R1-L2-R5. If that dosn't work start by going left to 0 then R6-L2-R7. If it still dosn't work,start at 0 then go L10-R6-L2-R7. Hopefully one of these combinations will work.please let us know which one works if any.Mark
    Mark no luck, I tried all the combs, but the lock did not open. Any other possibilities?
    STEVE

Southgate, Did you try pulling up on the bail when you reached the last number? There is no spring that pops the bail open on these locks. If you did and none of the combos worked,try L0-R11-L2-R5. I'm sorry if I'm not being any help,but the Reed code book that I'm getting the codes from isn't always accurate.Usually the last 2 digits in the combo are right but the first right from left zero is off.If all else fails try going through the sequence changing the first R by 1 digit every time leaving the last 2 digits the same.Hope you can get it, Mark

---------- Post added at 03:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 AM ----------

JDREEDY, here I go again. Try from zero go,L5-R6-L5-R4. Pull the bail up when you get the last number dialed in. Be very diligent when dialing the combo in. If you go past a number (click) by even a little bit ,it will throw it off and you'll have to start over from the begining. Good luck and be sure to let us know how it worked. Mark

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 AM ----------

Southgate, Looking at you pics, I'm wondering if the 1 could posibly be a missstamped 7. You might also try from Zero R8-L9-R5 just in case.If none of these combos work,I don't know what else to tell you. Mark

Southgate, Did you try pulling up on the bail when you reached the last number? There is no spring that pops the bail open on these locks. If you did and none of the combos worked,try L0-R11-L2-R5. I'm sorry if I'm not being any help,but the Reed code book that I'm getting the codes from isn't always accurate.Usually the last 2 digits in the combo are right but the first right from left zero is off.If all else fails try going through the sequence changing the first R by 1 digit every time leaving the last 2 digits the same.Hope you can get it, Mark

---------- Post added at 03:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 AM ----------

JDREEDY, here I go again. Try from zero go,L5-R6-L5-R4. Pull the bail up when you get the last number dialed in. Be very diligent when dialing the combo in. If you go past a number (click) by even a little bit ,it will throw it off and you'll have to start over from the begining. Good luck and be sure to let us know how it worked. Mark

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 AM ----------

Southgate, Looking at you pics, I'm wondering if the 1 could posibly be a missstamped 7. You might also try from Zero R8-L9-R5 just in case.If none of these combos work,I don't know what else to tell you. Mark
    Mark, the last comb worked!! Thanks for your help
    Steve

Thread Information