Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by oldbiscuit View Post
    Greg, I'm glad I could help you out. the Gougler code list isn't always that accurate. I've got two that have the factory tags with the working combos that don't match up with the code list. Mark
    P.S. Are you a collector of padlocks?
    Hi Mark, I'm a watch collector, mostly old pocket watches, (from early fusee, to repeaters, to railroad) but along the way I bought groups of things that had padlocks too, so I'm not really a collector of padlocks, but I have about 10 that I have, including two bank vault time locks, the Gougler locks and other key type really old padlocks.. The Gougler you helped me open was in a drawer in my shop for at least 25 years, waiting for the happy ending yesterday. Thanks again. Greg

Default Seeking gougler/miller combo padlock codes

Hello...I also have a Gougler keyless lock where the dial is as large as the body. It also has a left and right stop. The code on the back is C7230. Does anyone know the combination or where I could look? I also have a Gougler lock with a key override (the kind of key that can't be duplicated) and it has a code on the shackle of 173. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Darrell

Quote Originally Posted by dbean1127 View Post
    Hello...I also have a Gougler keyless lock where the dial is as large as the body. It also has a left and right stop. The code on the back is C7230. Does anyone know the combination or where I could look? I also have a Gougler lock with a key override (the kind of key that can't be duplicated) and it has a code on the shackle of 173. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Darrell
    Try this for the 173: dial left to zero, continue left 7, right 2, left 8, right 3. Let us know if it works.

Default In regards to combo

Hello...yes the combination was correct! Thanks so much!!Out of curiosity, how did you find the combo? Is it in the Reed Code books? Once again, Thanks!! Darrell

It's my understanding that some Miller/Gougler codes are in the Reed Padlock Codes volume 2 section W but I haven't personally verified this.

Default Seeking gougler padlock code

Hello, this forum seems to be very helpful at finding codes for old Gougler locks. I was cleaning my garage today and came accross a padlock I used in college, but I have no idea what the code is. Here is the information on the back of the lock:
    GOUGLER KEYLESS LOCKS
    KENT, OHIO
    PATENTS 1,825,467 1,929,598.
    324 STAMPED ON SHACKLE
    it also has key access on the bottom of the lock

If anyone could help me with the combination it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Tyson, try L8-R4-L6-R2 Mark

Default Thank you Mark

It worked perfectly, thank you so much.

Question seeking JB Miller combo or guidance

Hello.

I recently found an old combo lock made by "The J B Miller Keyless Lock Company".
    After many days of random attempts, and many days of systematic incrementation attempts, I must seek help before I "must seek professional help".

The lock is the typical red dot center dial, 0 - 19, positive click/stop on each even number.
    There is no end or absolute stop when turning either direction.
    The back of the lock has a rolled edge, and no rivets or welds, and no keyholes.
    On the right hand side of the case is stamped " F 78 "
    On the inside curve at top of shackle is a "38" or "88", hard to see its well worn.

Is there a combo patern for this lock listed, or some place I could look for a range of combos to try.
    My fingertips are getting numb from the effort, and it is becoming an obsession to solve this lock.

Thanks for any help.
    ~ Patrick ~

Patrick,That's not enough to go on. It should have a 3 or 4 digit # on the bale in order to determine the combo. Try rubbing a little oil over it and shine a light sideways across it to see if you can make out the numbers any better. If you can get more #'s I might be able to give you the combo. It would be an act of futility to try and manipulate. Good luck, Mark

Thread Information