Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Thread: Big Mosler Safe

Default Big Mosler Safe

Here is a large Mosler safe but not the largest size Mosler manufactured. Weighs about 12,0000 lbs. 10 inch thick all the way around. Has fire doors then bankers doors, then a small bankers chest in the corner. Pictures don't help with showing the scale of these things so I put a 5 gallon bucket inside (about 20 liters) to try to show some scale. Safe is about 76 inches tall. Serial number 205209. Timelock is not original to the safe but done very well. If anyone out there has records that would indicate when this safe was manufactured I would appreciate it. Strange theories and wild guesses are welcome as well. Very nice jeweling on the inner doors.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_1181.jpg   100_1182.jpg   100_1183.jpg   100_1184.jpg   100_1187.jpg  

100_1189.jpg  

This one would be very late in 1908 from the number. I am going to try and get permisson to post the whole serial number abstract.

Thread Information