Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Seeking large bit-N-barrel key blanks

Hi all, i am in search of some LARGE bit-N-barrel key blanks for old smoke house lock and RR/Utility switch lock type keyways. I have several projects on the table that require large barrel key blanks and I would like to get them out of the way asap. If you have some or know a good supplier please let me know. Thanks. BTW, they do not have to be old; I have no problem using modern remake blanks for old locks.....as long as they work, I am happy. :D

Cheers, Mike D~C/
    The Amazing Michael~Escape Artist/Scuba Diver/Locksmith/Lock, Handcuff, and Restraint Collector......and one HELL of a model American! =)

Default Re: Seeking large bit-N-barrel key blanks

If you know a locksmith ask them to order them from MBA or Bluedog. If you have size of the flag (height and with) and the diameter of the post if there is one that would help.

I am a Locksmith and I know Mark Bates personaly....I will check with him. Thanks.

Cheers, Mike D~C/
    The Amazing Michael~Escape Artist/Scuba Diver/Locksmith/Lock, Handcuff, and Restraint Collector......and one HELL of a model American! =)

Ask for the Silca catalog.

Okay, I will. Is Taylor still in business? I use to get a lot of their old style blanks. The last batch of large(er) barrel keys I got was marked "Tab".....any idea what company makes these??? They are nice, high quality blanks, but the flags are HUGE! :shock: I have to file forever to fit keys with their blanks! LOL! Thanks for the info!

Cheers, Mike D~C/

Quote Originally Posted by amazing01
    I am a Locksmith and I know Mark Bates personaly....I will check with him. Thanks.

Cheers, Mike D~C/
    Mark is (or was) carrying the Borkey range. When you speak with him pass on my best.

Paul

I will.

Cheers, Mike D~C/

Thread Information