Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Peerless Combination Lock

Here are some pictures of a Peerless Combination Lock. Serial #7592. Has same engraving design that diebold used for quite a while probably. I have a nother iron case Diebold that has the same pattern inside but is bare on the outside. Notice the anti manipulation silver bar that held the fence above the wheels when dialing and would only allow it to drop when the dial read between about 80-5 and could only fall if the gates were aligned. I don't know the years that these were produced so if anyone has an age that would be appreciated. The lock has 4 wheels and is key changeable. Gold plated dial and ring was not standard or even offered probably and was definately plated at a later time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Peerless Combination Lock 005.jpg   Peerless Combination Lock 004.jpg   Peerless Combination Lock 003.jpg   Peerless Combination Lock 002.jpg   Peerless Combination Lock 001.jpg  

Nice lock. It evolved from the Diebold Kienzle double rotary bolt lock developed 1870-71 like in your D&K chest. Actually the only real difference is the sliding bolt. I am guessing it was used by Diebold on vaults well into the 1900's say up to at least the Great Depression.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug MacQueen View Post
    Nice lock. It evolved from the Diebold Kienzle double rotary bolt lock developed 1870-71 like in your D&K chest. Actually the only real difference is the sliding bolt. I am guessing it was used by Diebold on vaults well into the 1900's say up to at least the Great Depression.
    Nice post beside nice quote by you

Thread Information