Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Historic Car Keys

I am a member of the Riley RM Club researching various aspects or Riley Cars built between 1945 and 1955.

Does anyone know where I can find information regarding the Keys series MRN, FA and FP that were used in these cars.

Thanks

Rich

Default keys

I don't know what info you want on them. I can supply you any of the keys to the code number -often factory originals.
    Cheers
    Tom

I agree it would help to know what information you were looking for. I show key blanks and code series that would fit some of those but that is not somthing I would give here, The code information that is. :)

Thanks for the replies

I am trying to find out how the numbering worked. For example, most of the 1945 - 49 Rileys had key numbers MRN 1. MRN 2, or MRN 3. MG T series of the same era seem to have different MRN numbers with MRN 50 being the most common. After this, FA keys were used on the Rileys.

Were particular "batches" of numbers within the same series issued to different car manufacturers? When did each series start and finish? What do the letters MRN, FA, FS etc stand for. I know that they refer to the profile but what do the letters actually stand for?

And so on

Thanks

Rich

Default key series

The letters highly probably stand for apsooutely nothing -sorry. MRN go from 1-54 and 201-300 and were made by Union as was FS with numbers from 1-99 and 876-955

The letters are just a seires that someone pulls out of the air or it means somthing to that lock maker. The numbers are just a way of keeping track of the blind code. I am sorry but that is about it. :)

Thread Information