Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

cheers John, now that makes perfect sense to me, less surface area, so easier to get a starting gap to insert bigger/stronger force tools.
    Gary

I found here a photo that show as safe that has flat bolts on the opening side and a bar(?) on the hinge side. The hinge side bar is like in burglarized round bolt safe on the hinge side not solid. It is just a sheet construction. Does this bar provide a security benefit even when it is made the same way as the dummy round bolts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails schloss-umruestung.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Cepasaccus View Post
    I found here a photo that show as safe that has flat bolts on the opening side and a bar(?) on the hinge side. The hinge side bar is like in burglarized round bolt safe on the hinge side not solid. It is just a sheet construction. Does this bar provide a security benefit even when it is made the same way as the dummy round bolts?
    Not much difference except that dummy round bolts will fail in progression whereas this dogging bar will act as complete unit although not enough welding showing.

Thread Information