Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Dean Nickel - old member returned

It has been a few years since I was on. I am back to learn and contribute as I can. Work kind of took hold for awhile. Now I am getting back into my hobbies and making time for things I enjoy. What is life if you don't have some stuff to enjoy?

Yes your name does ring a bell.

Welcome back Dean -

Default Dean Nickel - old member returned Your Message

Good to know you are back. Lot of catch to do and hoping have some good stuff to tell us....Timothy....

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Nickel View Post
    It has been a few years since I was on. I am back to learn and contribute as I can. Work kind of took hold for awhile. Now I am getting back into my hobbies and making time for things I enjoy. What is life if you don't have some stuff to enjoy?
    Wise, nor old...

Hi Dean! Didn't recognize you without your tennis ball hat there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shieldr View Post
    Hi Dean! Didn't recognize you without your tennis ball hat there.
    I rarely wear a hat. My Russian style fuzzy hat is about it and only when REALLY cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Nickel View Post
    Welcome back. Don't know if you heard Beth passed a few months ago.
    BBE.

nice to see you again!

Dean,

Nice surprise. I have been absent for several years myself. You were one of several people here whose opinion/information I greatly valued. I believe you were one of the people who helped steer me to Lauren when I wanted a key made for a fairly rare Corbin pancake lock. Lauren was an absolute pleasure to get to know. He did as n excellent job. Had original considered selling the lock but after Lauren made the key, I no longer wanted to part with it. Still have the lock and key today and it is worth far more to me than it would be to anyone else. The lock even ended up in Lauren's book - Vol 3

I am not a locksmith. My career was in IT... writing software, managing systems and networks. Was force to retire at the end of 2015 due to disability - a large part of the reason for my absense here. Still consider myself a newbie in the antique lock and key arena. I have learned how to pick a few more locks but I'm barely a novice. Thats OK though, I have a lot of fun and am trying to het back here because I could always find someone who knew a lot more than I did about any lock Ivd encounter. Good to see you

Thread Information