Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Diebold Delayed Action Safe Parts Repair

Any information on this Diebold lock..??..Tim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Antique Diebold Delayed Action Safe Lock Parts Repair [$50.00] 1.jpg   Antique Diebold Delayed Action Safe Lock Parts Repair [$50.00] 2.jpg   Antique Diebold Delayed Action Safe Lock Parts Repair [$50.00] 3.jpg   Antique Diebold Delayed Action Safe Lock Parts Repair [$50.00] 4.jpg   Antique Diebold Delayed Action Safe Lock Parts Repair [$50.00] 6.jpg  

Antique Diebold Delayed Action Safe Lock Parts Repair [$50.00] 7.jpg   Antique Diebold Delayed Action Safe Lock Parts Repair [$50.00] 8.jpg   Antique Diebold Delayed Action Safe Lock Parts Repair [$50.00] 9.jpg  

As it happens I worked on one those round case Diebold lock today. The most common model is the 180-55 and is found on Diebold tri-bolt round door money chests. The DAT Delayed Action Timer attached piggy back was widely used in banks back when I did bank service. Usually set for a 15 minute delayed opening against hold up on whatever combination lock the DAT was attached. As you can see they were originally designed to fit the rectangular case combination locks.

Default Diebold Delayed Action Safe Parts Repair

Thank Doug
    This was first time seeing this Diebold as it was on eBay while back. To much money to bit on it so i let it go. Beside i never work on any bank lock and i don't think would do it because that a hard bank door to work on. One mistake on these lock or the door and for sure going to get in more trouble than you think...Tim...

Default Diebold Delayed Action Safe Parts Repai

Found the Patent number for this Diebold Delay Action Lock...Tim...
    Attached Files Attached Files

The last time I saw a price for the 180-55 lock it was up around $1200. And that was without the DAT. Even though commercially the round door Diebold chests are not nearly as common as they used to be, there are still some out there so parts can go for a good buck. Tim if you are interested in just a Diebold DAT, I might have one or two.

Thread Information