Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Large Corbin Padlock

As looking into eBay found this Large Corbin Padlock. It is about 5" high and 3-1/2" wide as I never seen one in that size. It came with a blank key no cut to the key. The only thing wrong about it that the bit start at $1750.00. That is way to high for me to spend on. I try to see if it still there but guess lost it somewhere......Tim....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Corbin Rare vintage used Very Large Iron Padlock with two Corbin key blanks (41750.00) 1.jpg   Corbin Rare vintage used Very Large Iron Padlock with two Corbin key blanks (41750.00) 2.jpg   Corbin Rare vintage used Very Large Iron Padlock with two Corbin key blanks (41750.00) 3.jpg   Corbin Rare vintage used Very Large Iron Padlock with two Corbin key blanks (41750.00) 4.jpg   Corbin Rare vintage used Very Large Iron Padlock with two Corbin key blanks (41750.00) 6.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    As looking into eBay found this Large Corbin Padlock. It is about 5" high and 3-1/2" wide as I never seen one in that size. It came with a blank key no cut to the key. The only thing wrong about it that the bit start at $1750.00. That is way to high for me to spend on. I try to see if it still there but guess lost it somewhere......Tim....
    Tim,
    The trademark logo suggests it was likely made from 1900-1919, thus it is easily over a century old. The starting bid is almost as much as I paid for my first new car back in 1966!

Pete Schifferli

Default Large Corbin Padlock

Thank Pete as you are right about buying that car about that price. I can understand the reason why the owning has the price that high as not going to find very many of padlock in that size around anymore. Like i said before this was the first time seeing that padlock on eBay and if the price was just about right i should have buy it but still way too high. The last time i see it the owning said can buy it now without bit on the padlock. I'm sure maybe someone will buy it at is it.....Tim....

Thread Information