Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	224_0880.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	875.9 KB 
ID:	22494Click image for larger version. 

Name:	224_0881.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	821.2 KB 
ID:	22495
    i have a #94 and a #69 pm me i will send these 2 to you
    there is others but too many to go thru

Default Keys for old Samsonite/Schwader luggage locks...

This only information can look it up and the have luggage key for Samsonite. Look into safeandlockstore.com. You will see Keys and Accessuries go to Luggage. Should look for the Samonite key. Otherwise can call them or email explain what you looking for it would be best to send them a picture of your lock. Like i said only information.....Tim.....

Quote Originally Posted by nathanbonstein View Post
    Not many left,but older hardware stores and auto parts stores use to have displays with precut luggage keys of assorted types
    older locksmiths had displays to,
    you might wiggle your key and see where it marks and file it just a tad
    if the cuts are already to deep this will not work
    Thanks for the tip.

When I get the case back out of storage, I'll give it a try.

Where I am here in south Florida, most old time hardware stores have long since faded away. DIsappointing to an old guy like me who used shuffle through them when looking for occasional old oddity... :-(

Is there any way to identify a lock number that might correspond to a key? When I was first looking for a key, that was the advice I was given. But I couldn't find a number anywhere.

I saw your October post about keys. Would there be any rational for me to order some keys from you that might work?

Thanks for your time :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    This only information can look it up and the have luggage key for Samsonite. Look into safeandlockstore.com. You will see Keys and Accessuries go to Luggage. Should look for the Samonite key. Otherwise can call them or email explain what you looking for it would be best to send them a picture of your lock. Like i said only information.....Tim.....
    Thanks Tim, I'll go check that out right now.
    Best, Rick :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Hi Tim,

Took a look and still am stuck since I have no lock number to get a key match.

Will try the tip mentioned, to see if it's possible to determine how to file the key and get it to work.

I am inclined to simply pick the lock open and closed to lock it. It is mostly used to keep some moderate valuables safely ensconced.

But longer term, I'd like to see if there's a practical way to make a piece of luggage lockable again, when the original key is missing...

Thanks for your time Tim! :-)

Thread Information