Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mosler Safe

I am sure this dial is not a Mosler dial. I don't know how they got a matching dial, because the spindle threading of the 302 is quite unusual. The last patent number on the lock cover is from 1985.

I wouldn't be to sure about that not being a Mosler dial. Yes unusual to be found with a Gr. 1R lock, but it does look familiar. Mosler made a ton of different products over their 125 + year run.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug MacQueen View Post
    Mosler made a ton of different products over their 125 + year run.
    You might be right.

Default Mosler Safe

Doug was right as Mosler have made ton of differ lock. Just by look at any Mosler dial would be hard to tell What the inside combination lock it. All i know they have change there lock so many time it hard to tell. This is why some of the old safe in past would be hard to get information on these lock.
    Yes is it Mosler dial ring as can still buy them today. I don't remember who took over Mosler Lock Company ....Tim.....

I went through some of my pics of Mosler and did find one small square door with that same dial and ring. But I would be absolutely amazed if you could get one from Diebold. Heck getting older Diebold stuff from Diebold can be a challenge.

Default Mosler Safe

Yes do know that Diebold almost like the Mosler dial ring Also there replacement part call Big Red for the Mosler 302-402 per attachment....Tim...

Thread Information