Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Kromer motorised dial combination lock,

A mystery lock, (for me). Just wondered if anybody has any insights on this one. The unit is powered via batteries in the keypad lower compartment. The leads appear to be for monitoring.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kromer power dial-01-800.jpg   Kromer power dial-02-800.jpg  

Brian, The lock is a Kromer Duplex, I last saw a sample in the mid nineties and I was led to believe it was new at the time. I have emailed the brochure to you as it wont upload for some reason. Cheers.

Thanks Garry, I believe it worked normal mechanical combination locks, somehow the dial was rotated by a built in motor. Not sure if it was a success in production, have many been found in the field? My example is a factory mounted demo version.

I haven't seen one in the wild. From memory it looked as though it would attach to a std vault lock. I liked it I wondered if it could be reprogrammed to be an autodialer?

Interesting thought...

A video of the lock.. its on facebook and fingers crossed it works for others.

https://facebook.com/story.php?story...16791775086951

Thread Information