Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Cotterill plaques wanted!

Hi everyone. I’ve been after this safe plaque by Edwin Cotterill for a long time. Every time I’ve had a bid on one on fleabay I’ve lost. I’m a bit of a Cotterill nut, and have quite a few different variations of his plaques apart from the below pictured. I check fleabay many times a day, and have notifications set so I’m alerted when anything new comes on. If anyone has one (or any others I may not have) they would sell or swap i would be forever indebted. Respect!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4568DEFF-E92D-4370-9C02-FEC0E5D84B82.jpeg   067C9F00-0961-4040-BBC2-2D3BF77F73E3.jpeg  

Very nice Mark that one looks so much better with serif font lettering, will keep a lookout for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Huw Eastwood View Post
    Very nice Mark that one looks so much better with serif font lettering, will keep a lookout for you.
    Yes it’s a very nice one Huw, and it is the lettering that makes it stand out. It’s very Gothic like, similar to the Gothic florins Queen Victoria had minted for a short while during her early reign. As I’ve said before, I could’ve had one a couple of times, but had my penny pinching hat on. There’s nothing worse than getting beaten by a £1 in auction, even although it could’ve been much more, we only think about the £1 more than our bid. I knew very little about bidding on fleabay in my early years😐
    Thank you very much Huw. That would be much appreciated 😬

Very true that, still amusing the number of people who say they lost an auction for the sake of a quid, when in reality it’s impossible to know if someone else has bid £10 or £1000 higher..

Was going to email you a week ago mark saw a safe online for you with Climax Detector but without key up for £50 and up north towards your way iirc, but when I looked closely it had large holes badly plugged in a couple of positions over the lock so alarm bells ringing, was possibly a boat anchor more than a worthwhile doable safe. Plus it was one of the generic copies, wasn’t a genuine Cotterill . Btw I’m Not logged in on here much nowadays so will email you direct if I see anything

Well thanks for remembering for me Huw. If I can ever help you with anything feel free to ask 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Warren63 View Post
    Well thanks for remembering for me Huw. If I can ever help you with anything feel free to ask 😀
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cotty.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	22073
    I doubt that you would be interested in these little ones...

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	14 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	22074Click image for larger version. 

Views:	33 
Size:	523.0 KB 
ID:	22075
    better?

Much better, extremely nice ones. I’ve never even seen two of them before. On the top right sided one does the escutcheon fit over the plaque or under?
    Last edited by Warren63; 31-01-20 at 03:53 AM.

Noticed the sticker on the plastic rule in your second pic Tom !!! Ok, they are nice plates, but not that nice

Quote Originally Posted by Huw Eastwood View Post
    Noticed the sticker on the plastic rule in your second pic Tom !!! Ok, they are nice plates, but not that nice
    I would rate one of them as probably the most beautiful plate I have, so if it doesn’t float your boat, the photograph of it must be inadequate. Did you go to the website?

Thread Information