Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default For Exchange - Safe Companies Keyrings

Hi All
    I have a small collection of Safe Companies Key Rings for exchange
    They are 4 x Milner ( 2 heart Shape 2 round )
    1 x Chubb
    1 x Ratner
    I x Chatwood
    1 x Griffiths the safe Man

Im interested in Key reward tags or Vintage Advertising Keyrings , anybody interested ?
    John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ChatwoodRathner.jpg   Milners2.jpg   MilnersHeart.jpg  

More Photos
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Griffiths.jpg   ChatwoodRathner.jpg   Chubb11.jpg  

Safes Strongrooms & Vaults

Seeing those reminded me all our Kromer leverpacks were supplied with those attaching the keys. Don’t seem to see that type of jump-ring these days, too expensive probably.I don’t think the Kromer’s were marked with the name like yours are though.

Hi John. How many could I have for the extremely nice Blenheim house ring? I also have these others but I can’t remember if you’ve seen them or not.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails E2CEB394-82C0-4AD5-A3A3-14CFB9E68140.jpeg   4DE4A407-98EC-4A2D-9AA2-3D547D81AFCC.jpeg   257D333B-DF86-41A9-8658-E0AF8A56E90C.jpeg   918C50CC-1770-4625-93E0-23C2E42FA9AA.jpeg   37B4C25E-4252-4E9C-B12D-11CF1E1F8A2D.jpeg  

Hi Mark
    The Blenheim house Ring is not something that would have a lot of interest to me ,being as its for a person rather than a company advertising their wares, the tags in your post I already have and indeed have spares .The Hobbs & Hart and square Chancery Lane tag , I would be interested in
    John

Are you still after a Chancery Lane and a Hobbs ! They do turn up on eBay now and again so you’ll get hold of them eventually. I’m assuming you have the round version of the Chancery Lane one because your specific about the oblong one. If not, there is a round one on eBay at the minute. It’s been on for a while so there’s a good chance they've realised they’re asking too much. You could possibly haggle them down a bit. I’ll keep an eye open for you and give you a shout next time I see either a Hobbs or a Chancery Lane oblong one listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren63 View Post
    Are you still after a Chancery Lane and a Hobbs ! They do turn up on eBay now and again so you’ll get hold of them eventually. I’m assuming you have the round version of the Chancery Lane one because your specific about the oblong one. If not, there is a round one on eBay at the minute. It’s been on for a while so there’s a good chance they've realised they’re asking too much. You could possibly haggle them down a bit. I’ll keep an eye open for you and give you a shout next time I see either a Hobbs or a Chancery Lane oblong one listed.
    Yep still chasing a Hobbs and that Chancery Lane tag , I got the other 3 versions of the Chancery Lane including the round one that's on Ebay - Ive also got about 150 duplicate reward tags for exchange should anyone here have an interest
    John

Another 3 versions of Chancery Lane! I’ve only ever seen the circular and oblong version. Would be nice to see a picture of them when you have time John. The insurance tags average from £3 to five pounds usually on eBay, so I just normally add them to my safe keys when I have a full set of them. I’ve noticed along with the different makers some people actually collect them with the different place names too. Some of the old bone and cellulose tags are interesting too. Have you been collecting the advertising ones for long? Do you have a large collection?

Quote Originally Posted by Warren63 View Post
    Another 3 versions of Chancery Lane! I’ve only ever seen the circular and oblong version. Would be nice to see a picture of them when you have time John. The insurance tags average from £3 to five pounds usually on eBay, so I just normally add them to my safe keys when I have a full set of them. I’ve noticed along with the different makers some people actually collect them with the different place names too. Some of the old bone and cellulose tags are interesting too. Have you been collecting the advertising ones for long? Do you have a large collection?
    Hi

Yes collecting them for nearly 25 years now and have about 350 different UK ones , Chancery Lane have 2 different round tags - different wording , and 2 different oblong tags, see attached photos ,my collection dates from 1890's to 1930's , I do know another collector that has a collection of about 700 so Ive a long way to go to catch him
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chancery2.jpg   Chancery3.jpg   Chancery1.jpg  

So is the other round Chancery Lane a thin dog tag type ? I think the reason the Hobbs ones are less common is because the were actually putting the reward tag as part of the bow and adding the number to the key. How many different Chubb tags do you have then John? These are all the actual tags I have other than about half a dozen of the ring type your wanting a swap for.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 19C74305-3257-4594-855F-14D2DD0A2742.jpeg   DB5BCB3E-800A-4528-94E9-AB234B62D04B.jpeg   0B834E73-F81B-422F-A25B-A97373C33C9C.jpeg  

Thread Information