Welcome to our world of Locks and Locksmiths (click logo or scroll down to view all):-

www.Antique-Locks.com 
HoL
Or are you looking for modern, or recent past,
Keys, Locks or Safes.
keys, locks & safes
Industrial Archaeology of Locks History of Locks Museum
Please support the HoL Museum Shop where you can.
Researching locks from antiquity to the recent past.Maintaining a reference collection & archive.

Default Can anyone identify this type of key..?

Hi..I'm new member konasky. I'm hoping you gentlemen can help me identify this key (See attached photo..) I bought it several years ago from a lady online. When I asked if she knew anything about the key's history, she told me she had recently moved into a largeish house, which apparently had previously been a home for retired vicars... and had found the key in a leaky, dilapidated old shed in the garden there. ( So it's possibly a type of church door key..?) It was very heavily encrusted with rust amongst other things..and took quite a while to carefully clean up enough to display in my collection...although you can see how heavily pitted it had become. I have been collecting old keys for some years now..but have yet to come across another key that looks remotely like it..so any information/suggestions at all from anyone as to it's age/type/origins etc..would be most welcome indeed ...cheers and good hunting9k. k.

Hello konasky, not sure what went wrong with your photos, it might be you need to resize them smaller if they are excessively large
    https://www.antique-locks.com/showth...-to-your-posts

Default this should do it..!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010929.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	21606 konasky here again...Re previous email THIS is the image I've been trying to upload without much success..!! Hope someone will know something about this unusual key...!! Thanks for your patience gents..!!

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Huw Eastwood View Post
    Hello konasky, not sure what went wrong with your photos, it might be you need to resize them smaller if they are excessively large
    https://www.antique-locks.com/showth...-to-your-posts
    Cheers Huw got it sorted now..reduced the size 'cos it was huge..

Thread Information