Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Need Depths and Spacing

I guess some how i may have lost it somewhere. What i'm look for it Depths and Spacing for Push Key Padlock
    Fraim-Slaymaker HDW Frpm Fraim-Slaymaker
    The other one Blue Grass BG 44 made from Slaymaker.
    Try to look it up got no where but hoping maybe someone have it in the Reed Code book.....Timothy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    I guess some how i may have lost it somewhere. What i'm look for it Depths and Spacing for Push Key Padlock
    Fraim-Slaymaker HDW Frpm Fraim-Slaymaker
    The other one Blue Grass BG 44 made from Slaymaker.
    Try to look it up got no where but hoping maybe someone have it in the Reed Code book.....Timothy.....
    Not found in Reed Padlock Code Book, maybe the attached pdf shared by a colleague from an ancient issue of The National Locksmith will help a little:

Pete Schifferli
    Attached Files Attached Files

Pete
    Thank as that was for Pancake padlock but go information. I should have attached picture to it. Here what i was talking about as I remember while back someone did have depth & spacing for it. But for some reason don't know if i lost it or somewhere hiding until one of these day it pop up....Timothy....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fraim-Slaymaker Push Key Padlock 1.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Pete
    Thank as that was for Pancake padlock but go information. I should have attached picture to it. Here what i was talking about as I remember while back someone did have depth & spacing for it. But for some reason don't know if i lost it or somewhere hiding until one of these day it pop up....Timothy....
    Timothy, Service Notes on the Yale 805 and Other Push Key Pin Tumbler Padlocks found on pgs. 127-133 of The National Locksmith Guide to Antique Padlocks (c) 1980 by Jack Roberts may be helpful. Also see the chapter on Iron Pin Tumbler Push Key Padlocks pgs. 139-145.

Pete Schifferli

Got it! Now that was one of it and do have that book somewhere at home in box if i can find it. Far I do know that most push key padlock like the attached are pretty much close of Yale 805 is that they change a little bit to be differ. Thank for head-up and hoping find that dang book.....Timothy.....

Timothy, i can resend the yale 805 codes, i generally just shim these and use the 805 codes with dsd 362 also seems .005 x .115 pins work good
    The codes work about 80% for me,the rest the pins have been redone to other bittings.
    they cut from tip to bow, the codes i sent have already been reversed,i can resend them, if the code has a y in it the last cut on end is filed flat at tip to match that depth.

Nathan
    Thank for information you send me. I'll check into went i have change to. I did measure the cut on key i imoression and it dose not come close to Yale cut but have to impression the key again be that first one i did was little way off to get the lock to open....Timothy......

Quote Originally Posted by nathanbonstein View Post
    Timothy, i can resend the yale 805 codes, i generally just shim these and use the 805 codes with dsd 362 also seems .005 x .115 pins work good
    The codes work about 80% for me,the rest the pins have been redone to other bittings.
    they cut from tip to bow, the codes i sent have already been reversed,i can resend them, if the code has a y in it the last cut on end is filed flat at tip to match that depth.
    DSD#362 = Yale Large Master Key Only .015" increment; HPC Card MK57, Framon Block# 2:
    Depths: 0=.317, 1=.302, 2=.287, 3=.272, 4-.257, 5=.242, 6=.227, 7=.212, 8=.197, 9=.182
    Spaces: 1=.206, 2=.371, 3=.536, 4=.701, 5= .866, 6=1.031

Pete Schifferli

Thank Pete
    That look like come close of what i measure on key that i impression. The measue was 4=.260 and 6=230 cut. I don't have the HPC Card MK57 but can use the Universal Micrometer card....Timothy.....

Thread Information