Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by nathanbonstein View Post
    getting old. i was thinking 6 1/2 4 cutters and said 10 1/2
    my apologies
    Me too, here's a catalog image of the Keil Nos. 6 and 6-1/2 "turret" machine with seven cutters, same as Ilco Nos. 196 and 2196.

Pete
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Keil#6keyMachine.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Nathan
    I do have two old ilco machine one it small almost like the Keil machine and the other one it big and yes they both will cut steel keys. The only problem don't like about it the it doesn't give smooth cut like you cut brass key. I have been trying to find a good steel cutter. Most time went i cut the steel key i use about 1/16" off and file it down to be sure it smooth cut to working key.....Timothy....PS thank for keys.....
    I cut steel keys on an older Framon DBM-1 flat steel key duplicator using a carbide slotter, produces a smooth cut on padlock, locker, letter box and safe deposit keys. I was fortunate to find a good used one. See link:
    https://www.framon.com/index.php/project/dbm-1/

Pete Schifferli

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0702191026_Film4.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	21470Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0702191026a_Film4.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	21471
    your welcome
    i cut the 1239 steel by code on the 1200maxaa and only do 1-2 depths per cut,they do cut rough,but work nicely.
    the t131 i cut on the old 179 minute tower,which i use instead of the keil 10
    old 10 keil in picture i keep just in case

Quote Originally Posted by Pschiffe View Post
    I cut steel keys on an older Framon DBM-1 flat steel key duplicator using a carbide slotter, produces a smooth cut on padlock, locker, letter box and safe deposit keys. I was fortunate to find a good used one. See link:
    https://www.framon.com/index.php/project/dbm-1/

Pete Schifferli
    My Framon DBM-1 is actually the earlier model but operates in much the same fashion as the current version in the video at the link but lacks the wire brush, see thumbnail attached.

Pete Schifferli
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FramonDBM-1FlatSteelDuplicatorEarlyModel.jpg  

very nice and durable machine, i cut alot of t131 blanks for pancake and other push keys locks and like the 179 minute ilco for these.

Default Corbin No. 990 Series Push key Padlock Key

Well for me guess too bad as don't have those kind of machine to cut key for pancake padlock. The two older key machine got it from my uncle used to be locksmith long ago in Michigan. Good thing most of our family pass it to there next family to keep the locksmith going. Yes I'll still be doing thing the old way making key by hand. Thank for all information you guys given.. Enjoy being a Locksmith....Timothy.....

we have an Ilco minute machine we use occasionally for cutting bit keys. We use a 2585 for flat steel.

Thread Information