Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Thread: Fichet Python

Default Fichet Python

Does anyone have any literature or brochures on the Fichet Python safe. Any info would be appreciated

Safes Strongrooms & Vaults

Jaden, worth checking out the ultimate & one off safes thread as I think a few oddballs got mentioned on there. Fichet had a few different names and models for different markets, most Pythons look like the old GC68 Bankers but think some presumably later units had the horizontal black door pull/boltwork handle in which case it might be a Cobra variant, which I think was posted by WinterG.

My curiosity was peaked because the GC Bankers is rated as a grade 5 equivalent yet the Python is rated as a grade 6 equivalent yet the dimensions are pretty much the same. That's why I am trying to find a brochure.

Safes Strongrooms & Vaults

I'm also curious but not too convinced tbh. My bet remains they are likely just badged as Pythons for different/overseas markets.
    The only reference I could find quoting those "equivalent to" euro grades for the GC Bankers and Python, was from a single UK dealers advert.

Many "equivalent to" grades are ballpark at the best of times, and for the real top level stuff, the differences/conflicts between old and new specs/testing makes it so subjective and vague they're often meaningless.

Think there's a possibility it was just a typo and they intended both GC and Python be marked the same grade equivalent, or perhaps assumed the higher grade as it's the later version Python they had.
    whatever the case, searching confirmed the older Python does look identical to the old GC bankers, while the later 80s version looks the same as the Cobra that WinterG posted. I'll be very surprised if they're entirely different models and of a higher grade.

Here is the Fichet-Bauché documentation for the Cobra chest. The Pyton has the difference that it is equipped with a key lock Monopole against a NS 2i for the Cobra. The GC is the previous model, with very similar characteristics, namely about 10 cm of concrete, an asbestos anti-calcination sheet and 5 cm of Volcanite (hard rubber) containing a cross-reinforcement, all between two steel plates.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Coffre fort Fichet-Bauche GC68-1.jpg   Coffre fort Fichet-Bauche GC68-2.jpg   Coffre fort Fichet-Bauche GC68-3.jpg   Coffre fort Fichet-Bauche GC68-4.jpg   Coffre fort Fichet-Bauche GC68-5.jpg  

Coffre fort Fichet-Bauche GC68-6.jpg   Coffre fort Fichet-Bauche GC68-7.jpg   Coffre fort Fichet-Bauche GC68-8.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

when I have worked on pythons in the uk they have been badged as cobras.

just checked and got that wrong, badged in the USA as a cobra but in Europe as the python, same unit.

Are those the ones used in McDonalds?

I think they may be Carenas

Thread Information