Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have to remove these old Tann doors sadly they be heading to the scrap man ....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2D6E14E0-F6A9-4A10-BD50-761946F9B48C.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	272.2 KB 
ID:	21789

244c6748 f951 4228 b685 00e651bcb649

If you were within driving, I'd send someone for the smaller one. It's neat.

Quote Originally Posted by R Harris View Post
    I have to remove these old Tann doors sadly they be heading to the scrap man ....

244c6748 f951 4228 b685 00e651bcb649

At first I wondered why such a nice-looking emergency door has such an unattractive cover. Then I realized the emergency entrance, with the door open, provides forced-air ventilation. This is somewhat old fashioned but it does force the manager to open the emergency door every day which verifies that it is operational and that the combination is known.

Where in Australia are these doors?

Quote Originally Posted by wylk View Post
    At first I wondered why such a nice-looking emergency door has such an unattractive cover. Then I realized the emergency entrance, with the door open, provides forced-air ventilation. This is somewhat old fashioned but it does force the manager to open the emergency door every day which verifies that it is operational and that the combination is known.

Where in Australia are these doors?
    I live in Perth Western Australia, I been maintaining those doors for 30 years sad to see them go ....

Thread Information