The Chatwood records at The History of Locks Museum are a revelation!
Brian kindly let me peruse some of them (until the night got too late) and I can see many hours of study ahead.
Everything from the wartime factory rules to ancient directors committee records, production records, pricing and profit calculations, blueprints, financial records, dating ledgers including many of the "missing years"….a treasure trove for old-lock anoraks and historians.
I was interested to see that two safes were made for Woolworths, one with a key and one with a key and combination but I have never come across a mention of them, let alone an actual one – has anyone else seen one?
There were also a number of safes which never showed up in any of the sales catalogues which I own – homesafes and wallsafes (by Chatwood rather than the Chatwood Milner wallsafes) and sawdust safes (right up to WW2).
Seeing what a large proportion of their later safes sold were the Duplex was extraordinary, but the profit margins were big which allowed 14% dividends plus BIG directors remuneration - cash transactions ?!?

All in all, the records were enormously illuminating and the blueprints will be a godsend where replacement parts are needing to be produced for renovations.