Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Yale Padlock made in Germany

If time ever seen this Yale padlock that was Made in Germany....Timothy....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails grey steel German YALE padlock with 2 keys [$12.85] 1.jpg   grey steel German YALE padlock with 2 keys [$12.85] 4.jpg   grey steel German YALE padlock with 2 keys [$12.85] 9.jpg   grey steel German YALE padlock with 2 keys [$12.85] 6.jpg   grey steel German YALE padlock with 2 keys [$12.85] 8.jpg  

Default Yale Padlock Made in Gremany

Another one
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tarnished German YALE padlock with key [$8.00] A.jpg   Tarnished German YALE padlock with key [$8.00] B.jpg   Tarnished German YALE padlock with key [$8.00] C.jpg   Tarnished German YALE padlock with key [$8.00] D.jpg  

Default Interesting...

The first one looks like it could be a variation of the Yale 830 padlock. The overall construction of the lock reminds me of the typical 830 cast bronze or brass lock. It looks like it also uses the same size keys as well. However, I’ve never seen a shackle like that before on any Yale padlock.

The second one looks very similar to the Master 77 Lion padlock in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by YALE7750 View Post
    The first one looks like it could be a variation of the Yale 830 padlock. The overall construction of the lock reminds me of the typical 830 cast bronze or brass lock. It looks like it also uses the same size keys as well. However, I’ve never seen a shackle like that before on any Yale padlock.

The second one looks very similar to the Master 77 Lion padlock in my opinion.
    The No. 77 Master Little Giant padlock had a "wedge-riveted embossed steel case" to quote literature from the era while the image appears to be a 'cast' case, see thumbnail attached.

Pete Schifferli
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Master77LittleGiantPadlock.jpg  

Default Yale Padlock made in Germany

Note as this is what they call Tarnished Yale padlock. If you look closer you will notice that there are two piece are together. One om top and other on bottom...Timothy....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tarnished German YALE padlock with key [$8.00] B (2).jpg   Tarnished German YALE padlock with key [$8.00] B.jpg  

Default Yale Padlock Made in Germany

Thanks for the clarification; I should have pulled out an old Master 77 I had in storage to examine and I would have seen it isn’t put together anything like the Yale—it is two halves front and back with rivits all the way through holding the whole thing together. The Yale I don’t think has any US equivalent.

Thread Information