Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Kaso Treasury TL-30

I have door to frame alignment trouble on the top side of this one. Looking for hinge info. Is it pin and block, bushing or bearing type, dimensions, etc.

DH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpeg  

Quote Originally Posted by David Hovey View Post
    I have door to frame alignment trouble on the top side of this one. Looking for hinge info. Is it pin and block, bushing or bearing type, dimensions, etc.

DH
    David,
    Just a possibility that the safe is out of balance on an uneven floor. With lightweight safes sometimes all that is required is to try packing up the front left or right corner to see if this eases the problem. Probably left.

David, it has been so long I just don't remember, other than having done a couple relube jobs. That plastic cover has several small screws and rivets to remove. As I remember you could remove the pins without removing door. That second one up from the bottom would be best for a sample. I don't remember ever having that problem on a Kaso but I do remember they wouldn't always hold vertical adjustment when they needed new grease.

Default Kaso

Safeman, I haven't seen the safe so that a good possibility, and most likely the first coarse of action. Thank you.

Doug, Recently got back from upper state NY repairing a troubled Lefebure Royal Guard. Love those bank vault door bearing jobs. Thank you for the response.

DH

Dave , the last one I did had a corrosion problem with the bottom hinge block. The two bolts on the side are loose or broken and the door is moving , also the bronze bushing are worn or egged . This treasury has a corrosion problem at the bottom of the door and frame. PM and I will discuss more . Hope it helps TJ

Thread Information