Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default De Beers diamond vaults

Hello I was reading a very interesting artical about the relocation of the De Beers diamond headquarters in London. and In a couple of photos they show one of the vault doors I found to be way more impressive than my Kaso Centennial that I own. Does anyone know who made these vaults and maybe have any literature on the history. I was able to crop just the vault door.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2E8D6899-0434-4B44-B0F4-7F36F7ECA965.jpeg   18ABE0EB-7FC6-4A51-AEAE-1165A5995EED.jpeg  

Default The Diamond Corporation. (De Beers)

Quote Originally Posted by Faris23 View Post
    Hello I was reading a very interesting artical about the relocation of the De Beers diamond headquarters in London. and In a couple of photos they show one of the vault doors I found to be way more impressive than my Kaso Centennial that I own. Does anyone know who made these vaults and maybe have any literature on the history. I was able to crop just the vault door.

The door you picture looks like it could be a John Tann 10" ATD quality (anti-thermic). There were also vaults on the upper levels by Chatwood as described below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Diamond Corp..JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	179.4 KB 
ID:	21128

The levels of security in this building and the extension across Charterhouse Street were quite outstanding. There were very heavy manned gates on the extension for the admission of armoured trucks and the building itself linked by a covered bridge to the first floor level to the main offices across the street.
    Last edited by Huw Eastwood; 06-04-19 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Removed double post

Quote Originally Posted by safeman View Post
    The door you picture looks like it could be a John Tann 10" ATD quality (anti-thermic). There were also vaults on the upper levels by Chatwood as described below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Diamond Corp..JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	179.4 KB 
ID:	21128

The levels of security in this building and the extension across Charterhouse Street were quite outstanding. There were very heavy manned gates on the extension for the admission of armoured trucks and the building itself linked by a covered bridge to the first floor level to the main offices across the street.
    I did get some bits from that demolition but sadly the stone frieze across the front of the building (which would have looked good on my house) had to become just rubble when they fell behind schedule. I kicked myself afterwards for turning down the ornate bronze external lights, but I did get some bits of Chatwood, although nothing unique.

Thread Information