Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Kaso safe company

Hello
    I'm new to the safe and lock world, I work in my family's jewelers store. And we have a safe made by "kaso" safe company ever since I was little I been intrigued by this safe and would like to know more about it. I think the model is "centennial" but I'm aware of other models like the Gem and treasury. Can anyone provide info and expertise on the history and insite into this I can't find much about it online.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_6098.JPG   IMG_6097.JPG  

Default Kaso Safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Faris23 View Post
    Hello
    I'm new to the safe and lock world, I work in my family's jewelers store. And we have a safe made by "kaso" safe company ever since I was little I been intrigued by this safe and would like to know more about it. I think the model is "centennial" but I'm aware of other models like the Gem and treasury. Can anyone provide info and expertise on the history and insite into this I can't find much about it online.

Welcome to the safe world Faris23.
    The original name of the company was Kassakaapi OY founded in 1944. In the 1960's my safe company imported these from Finland to supplement a shortage of quality burglar-resistant UK made safes. I will try and attach links to connect you to some detailed company history.
    Last edited by Huw Eastwood; 06-04-19 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Removed defective links

The links didn't seem to work but Mr Google may help you out.
    Last edited by Huw Eastwood; 06-04-19 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Removed defective links from quote

Here are the front pages of the Kaso brochures I have from back when they were being imported into the U.S. Your Centennial was possibly made here by Fabtech. It did not include the outer door overlay of the standard TL 30. This stuff is from the 80's when I was a service tech for a Kaso dealer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TL 15.jpg   TL 30 Centennial.jpg   TL 30.jpg   TRTL  15X6.jpg   TRTL 30X6.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by safeman View Post
    These links don't seem to be working but Mr Google may help you out.
    The links do not work with google either but I’m very interested in what it’s about. Do you think the safe we have is reliable ? or good to keep for the jewelry business?

It looks like Faris23 entered two separate links into his post, and the posting software decided to splice them together into a single URL.

The first link should probably be https://www.kasosafes.com/products/safes which is Kaso's web page regarding their current safe line.

The second link is nearly useless because it points to the C: drive of somebody's computer. But a quick search for "Kaso Centennial" (without the quotes) turned up https://www.accusafes.com/wp-content...Centennial.pdf which is probably the right document.

Quote Originally Posted by Faris23 View Post
    The links do not work with google either but I’m very interested in what it’s about. Do you think the safe we have is reliable ? or good to keep for the jewelry business?
    Sorry about the links. Perhaps not relevant to what you want to know. For use as a jewelry safe everything depends on the value of the contents and what the insurance underwriters consider appropriate to the risk. Your safe should have a label on the inside of the door giving a security classification. The fact that Kaso started production in the US in the 1980's would suggest that your safe could have an Underwriters Laboratories Label denoting it's strength against burglary. From the brochure on your safe this would appear to be UL TL30 which will be in accord with the limit of jewelery cover.

However, if you are storing customers valuables for repair or valuation, your responsibility becomes more moral than financial as such items could be of great sentimental value and totally irreplaceable. In this case the insurance of the contents becomes secondary and the choice of safe container should be the very best affordable.

As you already know there are many security grades above TL30.

Thread Information