Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 1914 Mosler Strong room? Vault?door

In need of help with a Mosler "Vault?-Safe?" door. Probably not a high security door as it was probably used for file storage. The room had an inner double (Day?) key lock door. I have the dial ring and wheel but no lock. The serial number on the handle would make this door manufactured in 1914.I really need the type of lock that was used on it or a replacement that would match. I have searched for many hours looking for pictures of the inside and nothing can be found so a am now here asking the experts. I am posting pics and hope I covered everything. One unusual thing about this door is it is a left hung door. I think i have seen only one pic online of this unless it is a double door. I am presently making a frame and building a secure room in my shop. The frame for this door is encased in concrete in an existing building but the door had been removed some 45 years ago and was sitting in the back of the room. I may have to write 2 posts to show all of the pics but want to be thorough.

#1 &2 are showing the inner door and frame the door came from
    # 3 and 4 are the outside width and inner width of the reinforcement bars.
    #5 and 6 are the outside height and inner height of the reinforcement bars.
    # 7 distance between reinforcement bars and showing one of the locking bolts
    # 8 Inner locking handle( Bolt Locker?)
    #9 Serial # (Circa 1914)
    #10 Same
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg   5.jpg  

6.jpg   7.jpg   8.jpg   9.jpg   10.jpg  

11.jpg   12.jpg   13.jpg   14.jpg   15.jpg  

16.jpg   17.jpg   18.jpg   19.jpg   20.jpg  

21.jpg   22.jpg   23.jpg   24.jpg   25.jpg  

Thread Information