Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi Doug, Did not mean to confuse you. Sorry. I have the tube and it measures 5/8 in long. Screws into the door and ring mounted with a nut. The spindle is 1 1/16 out the end of the tube. I can see where the legs? of the lock rested on the door. You are right that that is the lock.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 26.jpg   27.jpg  
    Last edited by DaddyO2; 07-03-19 at 07:03 PM.

Hi Doug, I have been searching for the Yale lock from your post. Used many different search terms. No luck. I did put a want in the marketplace so maybe? If yours was complete I would definitely be interested.

Are you really that naive to think that these locks are like buying a new Chevy. They are not that readily available. You will have to search and it may take awhile. Try large safe companies around the country.

No, not that naive, just going off your statement that "not that rare" It seems that I offended you somehow in my posts. Certainly not my intentions and for that I apologize. I did get some information from you though and thanks or your help.

Not really, just surprised at your impatience.

Default Mosler plate door

I really need the type of lock that was used on it or a replacement that would match. I have searched for many hours looking for pictures of the inside and nothing can be found so a am now here asking the experts. I am posting pics and hope I covered everything. One unusual thing about this door is it is a left hung door. I think i have seen only one pic online of this unless it is a double door.

From my service records;
    A left hand door, and as you can see the lock mounting holes are a match. The comb lock I have pictured is a Mosler 5H.

DH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1 outer.jpg   comb lock.jpg  

Thread Information